Which products carry the USDA Certified Organic seal?
The USDA Organic standard is the most stringent organic regulation in the world. Products that carry the USDA Certified Organic seal are:
- Based on 100% organically-grown and organically-produced ingredients
- Or contain a minimum of 95% organically-grown and organically-produced ingredients. Any remaining ingredients must be approved on the National Organic Product list.
Which products carry the Certified Bulgarian Rose Valley Product seal?
Products that carry the Certified Bulgarian Rose Valley Product seal meet a list of strictly-enforced requirements. These products:
- Are approved by a designated laboratory
- Consist of at least 95% organically-grown ingredients
- Do not contain any synthetic chemicals
- Have to be grown or produced as well as sealed on the geographic territory of the Bulgarian Rose Valley
- Are made by socially responsible companies who predominantly employ minorities from the region or employees from economically-challenged families.
What is certified organic agriculture?
Organic agriculture is a farming method based on generally accepted organic principles. It does not allow the use of toxic and persistent fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, plant-growth regulators, sewer sludge and genetically modified organisms (GMO’s). By using this eco-friendly agricultural method, there is little negative impact on soil life, depletion of nonrenewable resources and air and water quality.
What does “USDA Certified Organic” mean?
The organic certification process creates a system that unifies the requirements and regulations for all organic producers. For an item/ingredient to be certified organic, it has to be grown according to strictly-enforced unified rules. Certification includes inspections of farm fields, processing and manufacturing facilities, detailed record keeping, and periodic testing of soil, water and raw materials to ensure that all standards and regulations have been met.
When buying a product with the USDA certified organic seal, you can have confidence that the product ingredients have been inspected and meet strict and consistent organic standards.
Why choose USDA Certified Organic products?
Human body responses better to organic ingredients and products that are natural. It has been proven that organic ingredients have superior nutritional values as compared to conventional ingredients (reference Houston Organic Conference 2007). More and more research studies suggest that we need to avoid all synthetic chemicals and ingredients produced with heavy use of fertilizers and pesticides because what we use on our skin eventually goes into our bodies. There is a growing concern about the harmful effects of pesticide residues in our bodies.
In today’s “green” oriented marketplace the terms “natural” and “organic” are used widely and in most cases, incorrectly. Most conventional personal care products, labeled as “natural” or ”organic” are based on ingredients containing synthetic chemicals, toxic pesticides and other artificial residues that eventually make their way through our bodies. Such products have weak healing and restoring properties and might even be harmful to our health.
That is why USDA created a strict standard that draws a rigid line between presumably organic and certified organic products. All certified organic products carry the USDA Organic seal.
Why USDA Certified Organic products cost more?
- Organic producers, as compared to conventional growers face more challenges and restrictions and have higher costs associated with maintaining and growing an organic crop.
- Organic farms are usually smaller than conventional farms and as a result do not benefit from the economies of scale enjoyed by the conventional growers.
- The price of conventional products does not reflect the cost of environmental cleanups and care of the surroundings that consumers pay indirectly through their tax dollars. These negative impacts to our environment and costs are avoided with organic farming and product manufacture.